The Pamet River Prize is an annual, nomination-based contest open to first or second full-length books of poetry or prose by female-identifying or gender-queer writers. You may nominate your own work or the work of others from Dec 15, 2017 - Feb 1, 2018.
1. Provide a cover letter with name, contact information, and a brief bio of the writer whose work is being nominated. If you are nominating the work of a writer other than yourself, you are welcome to include some words regarding why you are nominating the work of this particular writer - though such testimony is not required. If you are nominating your own work (which we also strongly encourage) along with your brief bio you may include a few words on your full-length project - again, this is not required. Max word count for bio and statement is 250 words.
2. Submit a sample consisting of a)10 poems, b) single story, or c) a section of a novella, memoir, or short novel. Maximum length of sample: 20 pages.
3. Sample revisions are not allowed during nomination period. You are welcome to withdraw and resubmit the sample but it will require an additional fee.
4. Nomination fee: $15
5. Semi-finalists chosen from nominated samples will be invited to submit full manuscripts. They will be given two months from invitation to send in their full manuscripts.
Winner will receive the following:
- Publication with YesYes Books
- 40 author copies
- $1000 prize (not treated as advance)
- 20%-30% royalties
- $500 toward tour expenses
The winner and finalists will be chosen by KMA Sullivan, YesYes Books Publisher and Vinyl CoEditor in Chief, and Stevie Edwards, Senior Editor of Book Development.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
YYB may also offer publication to manuscripts beyond the winner. Those authors will receive everything listed above except that the $1000 will be an advance against royalties.
Thank you for considering YesYes Books. We look forward to reading your nominations!
Publisher, YesYes Books
The contest is open to poetry, prose, and mixed genre chapbook manuscripts, 20-30 pages in length including title page and table of contents. Collaborative manuscripts are eligible for submission. Submissions will be open from Dec 15, 2017 to Feb 1, 2018. Submission fee: $15.
Winner will receive the following:
- Publication by YesYes Books (2 print runs of 150)
- $250 prize
- 25 author copies per printing
- An additional $250 toward tour expenses
- Other cool stuff!
Additionally, at least 2 Finalists will receive the following:
· Much sincere public congratulations for being finalists
· Possible publication by YesYes Books (if a finalist is chosen for publication the contestant will receive all of the items the winner will receive except the $250 prize). YesYes Books does not guarantee publication of finalists.
Winner and Finalists will be announced via all the various forms of social media and online publicity YesYes has at its disposal on or about May 1, 2018.
Entry Fee: $15
Eligibility and Other Contest Details:
Manuscripts must be 20-30 pages in length. The deadline for entry is 11:59 pm PST, February 1, 2018.
The winner and finalists will be chosen by YesYes Books Publisher and Vinyl Co-Editor-in-Chief KMA Sullivan with help from some of the fantastic YesYes Books/Vinyl editorial staff. Entries will be read blind throughout.
The manuscript may include pieces that have been published previously, but the manuscript as a whole must be unpublished.
Simultaneous submissions are fine (indeed, expected), but entries should be withdrawn immediately if accepted elsewhere. The entry fee will not be refunded. Once submitted, manuscripts may not be revised during the reading period without a complete withdrawal and resubmission which would include the payment of a new entry fee. You may enter the contest as many times as you like, but each entry will require its own separate entry fee.
Your manuscript must be a single Word doc, docx, or PDF. Please include a title page and table of contents (if applicable). We prefer paginated submissions. Please check that your name, email address, and other contact information does not appear anywhere in the document, including the title page. Do not include publication acknowledgments. Your contact information will be saved by our submission manager and revealed to the readers/editors after the winner and finalists have been chosen. When you submit your manuscript you will be asked to pay the fee first and then be invited to upload your manuscript.
If, after reading these guidelines, you still have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact KMA Sullivan at email@example.com.