The Pamet River Prize is an annual, nomination-based contest open to first or second full-length books of poetry or prose by female-identifying or gender-queer writers. You may nominate your own work or the work of others from Dec 15, 2017 - Feb 1, 2018.
1. Provide a cover letter with name, contact information, and a brief bio of the writer whose work is being nominated. If you are nominating the work of a writer other than yourself, you are welcome to include some words regarding why you are nominating the work of this particular writer - though such testimony is not required. If you are nominating your own work (which we also strongly encourage) along with your brief bio you may include a few words on your full-length project - again, this is not required. Max word count for bio and statement is 250 words.
2. Submit a sample consisting of a)10 poems, b) single story, or c) a section of a novella, memoir, or short novel. Maximum length of sample: 20 pages.
3. Sample revisions are not allowed during nomination period. You are welcome to withdraw and resubmit the sample but it will require an additional fee.
4. Nomination fee: $15
5. Semi-finalists chosen from nominated samples will be invited to submit full manuscripts. They will be given two months from invitation to send in their full manuscripts.
Winner will receive the following:
- Publication with YesYes Books
- 40 author copies
- $1000 prize (not treated as advance)
- 20%-30% royalties
- $500 toward tour expenses
The winner and finalists will be chosen by KMA Sullivan, YesYes Books Publisher and Vinyl CoEditor in Chief, and Stevie Edwards, Senior Editor of Book Development.
Email email@example.com if you have additional questions.
YYB may also offer publication to manuscripts beyond the winner. Those authors will receive everything listed above except that the $1000 will be an advance against royalties.
Thank you for considering YesYes Books. We look forward to reading your nominations!
Publisher, YesYes Books