This link is exclusively for Semifinalists of the 2017 Pamet River Prize.
Dear Semifinalists of our 2017 Pamet River Prize,
Congratulations and thank you for your nomination sample to this year's prize.
Please use this submission link to submit one full-length manuscript. It is not required that the full-length contain work that was in your nominated sample but it certainly can. We want to read the full-length collection that you want to submit! Once it is submitted, however, that is the one we will consider; while you may withdraw and resubmit the submission for any reason, you will not be able to resubmit after the July 21 deadline.
- In order to be eligible for this prize, the submission must be a
first or second full-length book of poetry or prose by a woman or nonbinary writer.
- The full manuscript must be paginated, must include a table of contents, and should be 48 to 100 pages of poetry or up to 150 pages of prose. Please include your name and contact information on the cover page of the manuscript. You are welcome to include acks and a bio but they are not required.
- The full manuscript is due on or before July 21, 2017.
- We will announce finalists and winner of the Pamet River Prize on or about September 1, 2017.
Pamet River Prize winner will receive the following (this compensation structure is different from what was described earlier as we are changing our comp structure across YYB):
- 40 author copies
- $1000 Prize (NOT treated as an advance toward royalties)
- 20%-30% royalties
- $500 toward tour expenses
YesYes Books may offer publication to one or more of the finalists as well. If your book is chosen for publication but not the winner of the prize, you will receive everything listed above but the $1000 will be treated as an advance on royalties.